Shortcuts are human nature. With too many demands, choices, and information that we have to address every day, we get caught up in the short game. However, that doesn’t work when you want to achieve a rock-solid reputation in life and business. You have to do the hard work and do things that other people aren’t willing to do.
In this episode, David Avrin got the chance to speak with his long-time friend, Hall of Fame Speaker and New York Times bestselling author, Rory Vaden. A master of personal branding, Rory shares profound insights about reputation and personal branding, what they are, and how to effectively build them.
- Personal branding is about reputation and it precedes revenue.
- If you think you have a revenue problem, you don’t have a revenue problem. You have a reputation problem. Either people don’t trust you or they don’t know about you.
- Results x Reach = Reputation
- If people don’t know about you, they can’t buy from you.
- People don’t do business with companies. They do with people.
- A strategy is always way more valuable than technology.
- Reputation is a long game. You have to play the long game.
- Faith means working your butt off in a direction because you believe that work is going to pay off.
- When you’re driven for service, that’s where the magic happens.
- The danger of personal branding is the ego chase.
- You don’t want to do what’s popular. Do what you believe in.
- The genesis of a personal brand is answering, in one word, what problem you solve. – Rory Vaden
- The one sure path to success is being willing to do the things that other people aren’t. – Rory Vaden
Request a free Personal Brand Strategy Call HERE
Want More? Want to hear more episodes of The VERY Visible Business Podcast with David Avrin podcast or subscribe so you never miss an interview?